Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I am delicious with a side of red potatoes

Several weeks ago, the hilarious Harley May asked if she could roast me.

I thought it was some kinky new sex thing and I was very excited of course, I declined.

Then I remembered laughing my butt off at her earlier roasting of Sean Ferrell (author of NUMB, which will be released by Harper Collins in August). That roasting is here, and it’s hysterical.

Naturally, I was game for the same treatment. Harley May was kind enough to give me a sneak peek at what she’d written, and since Pythagoras features into the wild tale, I let him read it, too.

He sat there staring at the computer screen for a minute after he’d finished reading. “Writers are weird.”

I beamed with pride for all my brethren. “So that means you like it?”

That’s pretty much how Harley May took the feedback when I shared it with her.

On that note, I’d like to direct you to her tender roasting of yours truly. Go here, and enjoy!

12 comments :

Anonymous said...

Children ARE sticky, aren't they? Even when they're...supposedly clean. It almost makes them alien, as though their little bodies are oozing sap that make sure they stick to everything. Now I'm imagining children with suckers on the ends of their fingers attaching themselves to everything in sight. *shudders* I might need wine now.

Harley May said...

Thank you for letting me roast you, Tawna. We should talk about illustrations and future picture book ideas soon. I've got a good feeling about all this. *crosses fingers*

Sean Ferrell said...

I told me to never mention me on your blog! Wait, I mean... Thanks for mentioning me on your blog!

Delicious roast, as always, Harley.

Terry Stonecrop said...

I'd say it was wine time! Good of the wench to tip you off on the whips. Wenches are good that way.

Fun roast. :)

Linda G. said...

Harley, that was a wonderful roast! Tawna, you have arrived. :)

Delia Moran said...

"His voice is boomy." *snort*

TAWNA FENSKE said...

danicaavet, wasn't that the funniest line? Harley May cracks me up!

Harley May, I draw a damn fine stick figure if I do say so myself.

Sean, do we need to start a support group of people who've been roasted by Harley May?

Terry, you know, I really need more wenches in my life. At least three or four of them.

Linda G, your day will come, and I will show up at your roast and lick my lips and cackle with glee.

Delia, yeah, that line made me snort, too!

Thanks for reading, guys!
Tawna

Cynthia Reese said...

Awww, isn't it great? Tawna's one of the four food groups! Excellent roast, btw!

Claire Dawn said...

This is going on my list of ridiculous reasons to get published! :)

Jan Markley said...

He just noticed that writers are weird?! Like it was a revelation to him!? :-)

Kelly Breakey said...

Congrats...now if only you can get Joan Rivers to host when they Roast you on TV.

Mother Hen said...

Harley is good and why not get roasted if it's with a pinch of salt and a splash of wine!